Here is a list of the main topics of discussion during the Java One Keynote Address:
Java + You
- All about you, and the services you want.
- They want a simple, intuitive, and compelling experience.
- Consumers drive innovation. (Travel, Shopping, Banking)
- Simple, intuitive, and compelling environment.
- The experience has to be consistent across all the “screens” of
- Browser, Desktop, Mobile, TV, future devices
- Java + You
- “RIA Revolution”
- Great user experience merging information from all the
different services of your life
- “Services are the rocket fuel for RIA’s”
Ian Freed, VP Kindle, Amazon
- Spoke about how Kindle is cool technology.
- Got a demo of the new kindle.
- Showing how you can buy a book in real time since the new Kindle will be 3G.
Rikko Sakaguchi Senior VP Sony Ericsson
- Grown 4x’s in the past four years.
- Young company trying to energize
- Create devices that appeal to the human senses.
- The second part of their objective is to show how seamless their products feel.
- Showing a video
People define the experience
- RIA (Rich Internet Application)
- Great User Experience
- Merges information from different services
- Across all screen’s of our lives
- Family of Java Products
- Runs on all the “screens” of your life
- It is not just a run time, also packaged with developer and designer tools
- Built on top of Java ME and Java SE
- One common platform
- Blurs the browser and desktop line
Java FX Demo’s
- Connected Life RIA
- Merges Chat, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Email
- Embedded in a browser via the new Java Plug In
- App is written in Java FX
- “Unifies all the threads of your life in to one application”
- Demo dragging widget from browser to desktop
- Flocking Flickr Pictures
- Typed in a search criteria and any all the pictures with that tag began to flock in real time in 3d
- Visually Impressive, nothing like the current Java
- 3d HD Movie demo
- Showed 200 movie trailers playing concurrently with sound
- Ability to drill down and watch a trailer
Facts about Java FX
- There are over 2.2 Billion Java ME devices
- Java FX mobile will run on all ME devices
- Runs on Google Android platform as well
- One run time, one interfaces across ME and SE
- Backwards compatible with ME
- Connecting developers and Designers
- Road Map
- Java SE 6u10 beta 25 aka “Consumer JRE” released
- JavaFX Desktop SDK Early Access Program July 08
- Java FX Desktop 1.0 Fall 08
- Java FX Mobile and TV 1.0 Spring 09
- More Info Available